Discussion regarding Rewite Admin Page components from JSP to React

@Moses_Mutesasira (1) Do we have to rewrite all admin page components from JSP to react listed below or only some specific (including all configurations and user,test management,etc listed below)?
Screenshot from 2024-03-07 13-30-29
(2) New admin page components are to be navigated from this menu right?
Screenshot from 2024-03-07 13-52-02

Yeah definitely we need to re-write all of them , but we can start with the crucial one like User management ,Test Management ,Dictionary

Ok, thank you and New admin page components are to be navigated from this menu right?
Screenshot from 2024-03-07 13-52-02

1 Like

Yeah you are right @atulyadav745

@Moses_Mutesasira wanted to ask, if i am supposed to join any slack channel for the discussions, or discussions related to projects are to be made here itself?

@Manish Can u tell me how you are writing old JSP code to react?
Like from where u are figuring out old jsp code of a particular component, i am not able to locate it on the codebase

Hey @atulyadav745 I’m actually not referencing old JSP code directly. Instead, I’m implementing the functionality in the new UI while keeping the look consistent. If you need specific help on how something was handled in the old JSP UI, feel free to ask .

And I can help you with that😊

Thanks @Manish for replying.
I will definitely ask. Can u help me in setting up the server from eclipse?

1 Like

I was facing iissue from this step

Hey @atulyadav745 , I’m eager to assist you! :blush: While I’m not particularly familiar with setting it up using Eclipse, I’ll give it a shot. If I can figure it out, I’ll definitely lend a hand :v:. But for now, I think @Moses_Mutesasira can help us out.

Thanks @Manish is there any way to set up server without eclipse?

2 Likes

This might be of help GitHub - I-TECH-UW/OpenELIS-Global-2: OpenELIS 2.X is a rewrite of the original OpenELIS global with updated components and technology