Invalid Login Credentials

Can you tell me how to start frontend on localhost? I am having trouble in setting up the repo on my local.

Use docker to setup your dev enviroment. see instructions

I have stuck here, please help what to do next. Should i see the page like (in this url http://openelis-global.org/)?

hello at @atulyadav745 thats what we call our Dev server, it now depends on what part you want work on ? what part you want to modify to what part, https://global.discourse-cdn.com/standard14/uploads/openelisci/original/1X/d46ac148da0df5b87c07bfa29ba034619d0aee1b.png is our new UI !

Thank you @Agaba_Derrick_Junior for replying
Do we have that UI design which we want to implement in new UI?

OE Internal Dashboard.docx - Google Docs

@Agaba_Derrick_Junior Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Agaba_Derrick_Junior @Moses_Mutesasira most of the introductory issues either have been resolved or under progress. Can I create issues on my own and work on that?

1 Like

@atulyadav745 as long as the problem we are trying to solve exists, we can always create issues for it!

1 Like

@Agaba_Derrick_Junior Ok,Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE:

I tried this without the -d tag

docker compose up

and my server is running and I’m able to login now.

Initially I was running

docker-compose -f dev.docker-compose.yml up -d

which was downloading the containers and creating the open-Elis global webapp but somehow was not running.

Using the first command without -d tag actually ran the server.

Thanks @Manish for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Prajjwal_Kohli

Could you please let me know if the project’s backend is based on Maven or Spring Boot? I’m comfortable with the frontend, but I’m having trouble understanding the backend.

Could you suggest any documentation, specific topics, tutorials, or links that would help me understand the project’s backend better? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

@Prajjwal_Kohli I’m glad it worked for you! :blush:

Just to clarify, the -d tag is exclusively for detached mode, meaning they run in the background and don’t occupy your terminal. I don’t think the issue arises from that. Instead, I suspect there might be a problem with the image generated when using docker-compose -f dev.docker-compose.yml up -d.

However, I’m not entirely certain; it’s just my hunch!

1 Like

Hi,
The backend is based on Spring Boot and maven. For Spring Boot part you need a good understanding of JAVA to understand it by 80%. For understanding Spring Boot related jargons you can use google.
Try picking up front end issues. If that issue is somehow connected to backend I feel your knowledge in java will be helpful. If you’re still stuck then you can freely ask in the community.

1 Like

@Agaba_Derrick_Junior In Rewrite Admin Page components from JSP to React, i can see in develop_3x branch (frontend/src/components/admin) the admin functionalities are already in react but I am not able to locate (User management , Organization Management and Provider Management components) in the codebase which the project idea was referring to. Can you help me?

Hii @atulyadav745 you can refer to legacy admin . You can find all those sections over there!

1 Like

omg it actually worked :joy: you are a genius, i was struggling with this for couple of hours

1 Like

Hey @parthnagdev , I am glad it worked for you!:blush:

1 Like

Thank you @Manish for the help did found this thread helpful

1 Like