Unable to access the UI after setting up the project following the readme

Hi everyone
I’d like some help please. This is my first time using docker. I setup my docker and followed the instructions on the repo readme which runs successfully. Now I am trying to access the UI which on the readme is https://localhost/api/OpenELIS-Global/ or https://localhost/. I tried both links but none worked. I’m wondering if I missed anything.

Some help and answers would be appreciated. Thank you

Hey @Lovelyfin00 Welcome to openELIS community :slightly_smiling_face:

Just click on advance buttons and there u will see proceed anyways click on that

let me know if it works or not !

I am also experiencing similar issues, with setting up my dev environment. I get to the command " docker-compose up -d --build", it starts building but then fails with error message “ERROR: An HTTP request took too long to complete. Retry with --verbose to obtain debug information.
If you encounter this issue regularly because of slow network conditions, consider setting COMPOSE_HTTP_TIMEOUT to a higher value (current value: 60).”. I tried increasing the duration of COMPOSE_HTTP_TIMEOUT like the error message says, but it fails with error message “ERROR: An HTTP request took too long to complete. Retry with --verbose to obtain debug information.
If you encounter this issue regularly because of slow network conditions, consider setting COMPOSE_HTTP_TIMEOUT to a higher value (current value: 3600).”

Please what do I do to resolve this.

Hey @Tochi if you want to use docker from images built directly from the source code then you should use the command docker-compose -f build.docker-compose.yml up -d --build using the build.docker-compose.yml is meant to just build new images entirely from the source code. Youll have to rebuild the images every time you make changes.

For dev purposes , use the dev.docker-compose.yml . . Follow the instructions on the readme here that is docker compose With locally compiled/built Artifacts for developers.

Hey @Tochi

I experienced similar issue while setting up the dev environment

just remove the entire codebase and try for fresh start and sometimes its common that some packages are not allowed to be accessed by ISP so try for cloud fare warp

do let me know with your logs

Hey @Tochi
You can delete the folder from you device and follow the process on the docs

I experienced similar issues and had to delete the folder and start again

1 Like

Hi @Manish
I would love to be invited to the slack channel. I dropped my email in the thread for that but I haven’t been invited or added yet. My email is omokaroloveth10@gmail.com

Also I would love to ask if I can create issues myself? or I can just open a PR with my fixes?

Be sure your network connection is fine,

normally is a network issue among others like applying a new timeout value

1 Like

yes, by following the best practices obviuosly

Hii @Lovelyfin00 :wave:,

Yeah ,you can raise issues yourself and open pull requests with your fixes. Feel free to do both simultaneously.

OpenELIS welcomes any help or contributions you can offer. As for the email, part only admins can add you to the Slack channel, if not added yet they will do so soon.

Ok, thanks for your help. I figured it was a slow connection I had. So I followed the documentation to do an offline installation for people like me with slow internet connection.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I figured it was a slow connection I had. So I followed the documentation to do an offline installation for people like me with slow internet connection.

2 Likes

I did not find issues in following this GitHub - I-TECH-UW/OpenELIS-Global-2: OpenELIS 2.X is a rewrite of the original OpenELIS global with updated components and technology

hey @ELAI welcome to openELIS community

what issue are you facing can you please attach a screenshot or error or something :slightly_smiling_face: !

Thank You

1 Like

I finished , i was like i didnt find issue by that site thanks
:index_pointing_at_the_viewer: I will will inform you for any issues thanks boss

1 Like