GSoC 2024 - Improve E2E Test Coverage - Final Presentation

:star2:Supercharging E2E Test Coverage for OpenELIS Global

Hello, OpenELIS Global Community! :wave:

I’m excited to share the final update on my GSoC 2024 project: Improving E2E Test Coverage for our shiny new React front end. Over the summer, I dived deep into enhancing our End-to-End (E2E) testing to deliver a smoother, more reliable user experience. Here’s a quick rundown of our key achievements:

:mag: Expanded Test Coverage:
I crafted a suite of comprehensive tests for critical user journeys, ensuring that essential features like Authentication, Work Plan, NCE Events, and Reports are thoroughly tested and fortified. These tests act as our safety net, catching issues before they can affect our users.

:gear: Boosted Test Stability:
Test stability got a major upgrade! I tackled flaky tests head-on, implementing strategies that significantly reduce inconsistencies and false negatives. The result? More dependable, accurate test outcomes that you can trust.

These improvements are a big win for the reliability and user-friendliness of OpenELIS Global, making the system even stronger and more intuitive.

To dive into the details, check out my final blog post here: Project Link - Improve E2E Test Coverage

And the weekly update thread here

:tada: A massive thank you to my incredible mentors, @Moses_Mutesasira and @abertnamanya . Your guidance and support have been invaluable every step of the way.

:sparkling_heart: And to the entire OpenELIS Global community—thank you! Your encouragement and collaboration have made this journey truly rewarding. I’m excited to continue working together to push OpenELIS Global to even greater heights! :rocket:

5 Likes

@Manish Congratulations to you and well done

2 Likes