GSoC 2024 - Improve E2E Tests Coverage

:star2: Weekly Updates Thread! :star2:

Hey everyone! I’m excited to kick off this thread where I’ll be sharing all my latest updates, any blockers I’m facing, and of course, my weekly progress for E2E testing Coverage! :tada:
cc: @abertnamanya @Moses_Mutesasira

3 Likes

@Manish Congratulations upon your selection as our GSCO student for this project. Looking forward working with you.

1 Like

Thanks @abertnamanya .I am also excited and eager to contribute and collaborate with you!

Hi @Manish we have started the week for coding, Hope we can start our weekly meetings for the E2E tests. I know you have been doing your final exams, please send in the communication as soon as possible.

Regards,

1 Like

Sure @abertnamanya !

Weekly Update:

Week 1: 27 May to 1 June

This week, I had an amazing session with my mentor @abertnamanya . We focused on optimizing our QA process :hammer_and_wrench:. We discussed strategies to reduce the action build time, specifically by minimizing the use of static waits. Instead, we plan to implement the ‘wait until element’ functionality, which should help in reducing the codebase build time by a few milliseconds :stopwatch:, ultimately saving valuable time.

Additionally, we delved into defining and refining Common User Journeys (CUJs) for the authentication part of our application to ensure our tests are more comprehensive and aligned with real user scenarios.

We also reviewed and prioritized issues in the issue tracker :clipboard:, outlining the key tasks and their respective priorities. This structured approach will help us tackle the most critical issues efficiently.

Looking forward to implementing these changes and observing the impact on our test efficiency! :rocket:

6 Likes

GSoC Weekly Update (3rd - 8th June)

Achievements:

1. E2E Coverage for Authentication:

• Enhanced the end-to-end (E2E) test coverage for the authentication module.
    • Covered multiple scenarios including successful login, failed login attempts.
    • Pull Request: #1069
  2. E2E Coverage for Patient Search:

• Developed comprehensive E2E tests for the patient search functionality.
    • Scenarios include search by patient ID, name, and date of birth, as well as edge cases
    • Pull Request: #1086

Next Steps:

• Continue enhancing E2E coverage by focusing on additional modules.
  • Collaborate with my mentor @abertnamanya to identify other critical areas requiring test coverage.

Blockers:

• None at the moment.

Looking forward to another productive week ahead!

6 Likes

Thanks for the great work

1 Like

GSoC Weekly Update (June 10th - June 14th)

This Week’s Progress:

1. Minor Fix on Admin Page:

• Improved the responsiveness of the side navigation (sidenav) on the admin page.
    • Introduced conditional isRail functionality to enhance the user interface on smaller screens.
    • Pull Request: #1088
  2. Provider Management:

• Implemented the add/modify functionality for provider management.
    • This enhancement allows users to efficiently manage provider information within the application.
    • Pull Request: #1099

Next Steps:

• Continue enhancing E2E coverage by focusing on additional modules.

Blockers:

• None at the moment.

3 Likes

GSoC Weekly Update (June 17 - June 25)

This Week’s Progress

1. Minor Fix on QA for Patient Search and Accession Number Validation:

• Implemented a minor fix on the QA related to patient search by accession number and added validation check for the accession number format. This involved testing the API response to ensure proper functionality.
    • Pull Request: #1137
  2. Rewritten Analyzer Test Names in New React UI:

• Focused on updating the analyzer test names within the new React UI, ensuring they are displayed accurately and consistently
    • Additionally, created a REST controller to support these updates.
    • Pull Request: #1133
  3. Rewriten List Plugins in New UI:

• Completed the task of rewriting the list plugins in the new UI, enhancing the overall usability and performance.
    • Pull Request: #1142

Next Steps:

• Collaborate with my mentor and Continue enhancing E2E coverage by focusing on additional modules.

Blockers:

• None at the moment.

3 Likes

GSoC Weekly Update (June 26 - July 3)

Accomplishments:

1. Minor Fix for Adding Analyzer in Analyzer Test Names

• PR: #1152
    • Description: Implemented a minor fix to add the analyzer in the analyzer test names, ensuring the proper updation of test details.
  2. Rewritten View Test Catalog in Test Management

• PR: #1159
    • Description: Focused on updating the analyzer test names within the new React UI, ensuring they are displayed accurately and consistently. Additionally, created a REST controller to support these updates.

Next Steps:

• Collaborate with my mentor @abertnamanya and Continue enhancing E2E coverage as soon the test scripts arrives by focusing on additional modules

Blockers

• None at the moment

2 Likes

GSoC Weekly Update (July 3rd - July 10th)

Achievements:

Rewritten managemethods within test management in new React UI:

• Refactored the UI component from managemethods to in the new React UI, improving clarity and usability for users interacting with test management functionalities.
  • Pull Request: #1168

E2E Coverage for report NCE:

• Expanded end-to-end (E2E) test coverage for the report NCE feature.
  • Enhanced overall system reliability.
  • Pull Request: #1171

Goals for Next Week:

• Focus on expanding test coverage for additional modules and functionalities.
  • Explore opportunities to optimize and work on new UI.
  • Engage in discussions with mentors to align on project milestones and priorities.

3 Likes

GSoC Weekly Update:

Enhancements:

• Expanded E2E coverage for ‘View NCE’ and ‘Corrective Actions’.

Pull Requests:

Goals for Next Week:

• Focus on expanding test coverage for additional modules and functionalities.

4 Likes