Preparing for GSoC 2024

Hello ,Community .
OpenELIS is excited to announce that it intends to participate In GSoC 2024 for the first time.
Although Google has not yet made the official announcement for GSoC 2024, we would like to inform the Community that we plan to participate in next year’s GSoC program.

For anyone who would want to participate in the GSoc Programme as a Student with OpenELIS, you can find more details on the GSoC page and Also take a look at our Student Guidelines.

More Information will be provided as soon as Google Makes the official announcement

For More Information about Contributor Eligibility, See GSoC Programme Rules

8 Likes

Thanks @Moses_Mutesasira
Any good first issues please?

Thanks you can take a look at the into issues

3 Likes

Note :The GSOC page and Students Guidelines will now be accesible from our new Docs Page

Foe Updates please refer to the new Pages

4 Likes

Thanks
Am I able to assign myself the issue to avoid duplication?

If you cant assign the issue your self , you can comment on the issues so that some one with rights can assign you the issue

Thanks @Moses_Mutesasira

Hello OpenELIS Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my genuine excitement about the news of OpenELIS participating in GSoC 2024 for the first time. The prospect of contributing to such a dynamic and forward-thinking community is truly exhilarating.

As a passionate student eager to delve into the world of open source development, I am keenly interested in becoming a part of OpenELIS for GSoC 2024. I have reviewed the information on your GSoC page and studied the Student Guidelines, and I am enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with your team.

Please let me know if there are any specific steps or requirements to follow in expressing my interest formally. I am looking forward to the possibility of contributing to OpenELIS through GSoC 2024.

Thank you for considering my enthusiasm and commitment.

Best regards,
Shad ali
Linked in:https://www.linkedin.com/in/shad-ali-099a82145?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app

1 Like

@Shad_Ali The info provided by @Moses_Mutesasira on top of this thread, does it suffice?

1 Like

ok sir , it is suffice for me

1 Like

@Moses_Mutesasira can someone fix the student guidelines page ?

@tendomart , Looks like that’s a broken link

ok , sure. give me idea related to student guideline page

The correct link is given at first reply of this thread, GSoC ‐ Guidelines for Students - OpenELIS Global Documentation (openelis-global.org)

Hello OpenELIS Organization and Team,

It’s truly amazing to see that OpenELIS is taking part in GSoC 2024. I am truly amazed by the roadmap that the organization is moving significantly fast and achieving goals. In the sector of public health and process making a significant impact with your services, all these were achieved with a small team.

It’s a great opportunity to get started in contributing to the amazing organization within GSoC. I am very excited to contribute to the organization and make an impact through code.

I have read a few of the recommended articles:

1. GSoC 2024 - OpenELIS Global Documentation

Thank You. Best regards, Aditya

Hey everyone!

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m Tayebwa Noah, a recent graduate from Bugema University with a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, and I’m thrilled to join this fantastic community as we embark on the journey of Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2024 with OpenELIS!

My passion lies in leveraging technology to solve real-world problems, particularly in the healthcare sector. I believe that accessible and efficient laboratory information systems are crucial for improving healthcare outcomes and facilitating research advancements. OpenELIS, with its open-source nature and mission to streamline laboratory workflows, caught my attention as an ideal platform to make a meaningful impact.

For GSoC 2024, I’m particularly interested in contributing to projects related to improving user interface/experience, as I believe it aligns well with my skills and interests. However, I’m also open to exploring other areas within OpenELIS and contributing wherever I can be of value.

I’m really looking forward to collaborating with all of you, learning from the experienced mentors, and collectively working towards enhancing OpenELIS. Together, I’m confident that we can make significant strides in improving laboratory information management and ultimately, healthcare delivery.

Let’s make GSoC 2024 with OpenELIS an unforgettable journey filled with learning, growth, and impactful contributions.

Cheers, Tayebwa Noah

Hey, I am very excited to contribute in Openelis organizations . And i feel it greate journey and great oportunity to learn and grow through open source.

thanks @Moses_Mutesasira for information