Seeking assistance for changes!

Hello everyone ,

I’m seeking assistance with an issue I’m encountering while making backend changes. Despite my efforts, the changes aren’t reflecting as expected. Any guidance or support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @ravi . if you are making any changes in the backend Java Source code then you should follow these steps for changes to reflect

• Run the maven build again to re-build the War file
 mvn clean install -DskipTests
  • Recreate the Openelis webapp container
docker-compose -f dev.docker-compose.yml up -d  --no-deps --force-recreate oe.openelis.org   
1 Like

I strongly recommend you to go through the readme file its clearly mentioned over there!

hii @Manish thanks for the help , and i am extremely sorry , actually i am new to open source and will surely go through the readme

1 Like

Hey @ravi , no worries at all! Everyone starts somewhere. It’s awesome that you’re diving into open source. Taking a look at the readme is a great idea. Let me know if you need any help along the way. Happy coding! :blush::star2:

2 Likes

Ideally, when you need assistance or need help its important to know this checklist for an awesome and good question;

1. What is the problem you are encountering

2. What steps have you taken to solve it(or any resources you have used)

3. Share the error(logs)/blocker you have encounterd if any ( you can use tools like pastebin.com)

4 Likes

Hey @Manish @thembo42 i will surely follow it … thanks for the suggestions

2 Likes

Just wanted to ask while recreating Openelis-webapp container should I stop the other containers entirely and then use the command or just stop the webapp container and then run the command while not stopping other containers.

1 Like

Hey @Prajjwal_Kohli better stop all the containers and recreate the openelis-webapp container and give all containers a fresh start. Because [openelis-webapp container] is main backed operations heavy container.

2 Likes

Hey @Prajjwal_Kohli I think better will be to stop other containers otherwise it may show error that port is already occupied. I have faced this issue. So i’ll suggest to just stop other containers then re-create Openelis-webapp container.

2 Likes

Are there still issues here running the webapp in docker ??

1 Like

@Moses_Mutesasira Yes, earlier it was running fine, but today i am having issues in running the webapp, how can i do it?

How are you running it and can you paste the error in pastebin and share the link

did you see these instructions ??

1 Like

Yes, i have followed the instructions as mentioned, at localhost it is saying not authenticated

. And in https://localhost/api/OpenELIS-Global/ it only reloads the page and lagacy ui is not visible. Earlier it was fine.But now i am having trouble

1 Like

The OpenELIS backend service is not running ,
what does docker ps return ??

docker ps

it returns following

1 Like

@Moses_Mutesasira can u tell how to start OpenELIS backend service?

1 Like

Can you share your logs ??
docker logs openelisglobal-webapp

1 Like

Can you try these steps

docker-compose -f dev.docker-compose.yml down -v    
docker system prune --volume
docker-compose -f dev.docker-compose.yml up -d  --no-deps --force-recreate oe.openelis.org
1 Like